A client who experiences overwhelming thoughts, suffers from a constant inner critic, lacks energy, direction, or has feelings of shame, guilt, resentment, self-judgement, are all clients with whom I explore their childhood. Once we dig more into their history, we usually discover some form of birth trauma. I implement tools I have learned as a prenatal and perinatal psychology educator, somatic experiencing practitioner, and as a craniosacral therapist to help them integrate their earliest experiences into their nervous system. Here is a list of outcomes clients report after several treatments:
- Can access more joy and pleasure in their day-to-day life
- They now have tools and practices they can implement to stop the overthinking, ruminating and worrying spirals
- Set healthy boundaries around how much they give, and to whom
- Bring more compassion and choice to their self-coping behavior patterns
- Feel more empowered to make change happen when life feels too hard, or they feel too much, or do not feel enough
- Are more present and grounded and able to trust life
An example of one tool during treatment can be seen here with Peter Levine using the Voo Exercise.